SAMRIDDHA SAHA (Gl1tch_mast3r)
Call of Duty Warzone has permanently banned more than 50,000 accounts for engaging in unfair activity. A permanent ban means the player's account is never allowed to play on Call of Duty again. It's the toughest punishment a game maker can hand out to a player – aside from legal action.
"There's no place for cheating in games," said Activision.
"Warzone has zero tolerance for cheaters. We take all forms of cheating very seriously.
"Maintaining a level and fair playing field for everyone is among our highest priorities."
Activision says it has security teams monitoring Call of Duty 24/7 to investigate cheating. And the company has promised to improve the interface for reporting cheaters in-game.
over 50,000 player accounts that have been engaged in unfair activity have been permanently banned within weeks after the release of Call Of Duty Warzone. The video game publisher has also commented on the measures that have been put in place to enforce its anti-cheating policies
The following concrete steps to combat cheaters have been outlined:
* Our security teams monitor 24/7 to investigate data and identify potential infractions.
* The teams review all possible cheats and hacks, this includes identifying use of aimbots, wallhacks and more.
* We’re working to improve our in-game system for reporting potential cheating. Plans are underway to streamline the UI for a more seamless reporting experience.
* For all reports that are received in-game, they are both analyzed and filtered based on key data.
* Once investigations are complete, we will continue to work as quickly as possible to ban.