SAMRIDDHA SAHA (Gl1tch_mast3r)
Valve has released the latest CS:GO patch notes which comes with rendering improvements, a new kill feed icon and Warhammer 40,000 stickers has been released, on the store front containing 17 pieces of Warhammer 40k cosmetics.
So far, we’ve had icons for blinded kills, no scope kills and kills through smoke been added to the feed. Now we also have a C4 explosion icon that will show up whenever a player is killed by the bomb. With a brand new colorful shooter releasing in a little over a month, Valve sure are focused on improving the in-game visuals. So, next time you are in a match, and a CT forgets their defuse kit, you might very well see this new icon appear.
Now you’ll be able to stand up while being crouched over a decoy, grenades shouldn’t “freeze” you while mid-air and nades should stop going through players and doors alike like they were used to doing in the past. And, the final gameplay fix puts an end to dying while frozen by the game itself, aka at the end of halves. There's also a nice new CS:GO video setting, which allows you to change your main menu background.
Valve explains: "Whether you prefer a light or dark feel, Anubis or Phoenix Facility, there’s something for everyone."
New CS:GO update full patch notes:
There's also a long list of fixes and improvements in the new CS:GO update. This includes the texture streaming feature which was recently tested in the CS:GO Beta Depot. View the full patch notes below.
* The killfeed now displays players that are killed by C4 explosions in all game modes.
* Players that are frozen by game logic no longer take damage.
* Players are less likely to become stuck on mid-air grenades, and are now able to stand up when crouched on top of another player’s decoy grenade.
* Grenades are less likely to phase through doors when thrown into nearby players, and have improved collision when bouncing near the ground around player’s feet.
* Adjusted sticker shader to reduce mip artifacts on holographic stickers at an angle.
* Optimized shadow culling frustum to prevent flickering shadows caused by renderable overflow at ultra-wide aspect ratios such as 21:9.
* Optimized texture generation by giving composite textures destined for models that are already rendering higher priority in the generation queue.
* Added a trailing cache of composite inputs, designed to optimize composite generation for sequences of similar jobs.
* More asynchronous texture requests are allowed per cycle, allowing composites to generate faster on some systems.
* Added an experimental graphics setting; ‘Texture Streaming’ in video options. Texture streaming allows the game to defer loading of high-resolution textures until they are needed for rendering, potentially saving a significant amount of video memory. On systems with slower disk access, streaming textures may be momentarily visible.
UI / Localization:
* Added a new Anubis main menu background movie to the game.
* Added a way for users to change their main menu background scenery.
* Split stickers and patches localization UI tokens to allow for better translations.
* Added proper HTML-escaping for custom inventory item names when applying and scraping stickers.
* Updated Steamworks SDK and Steam libraries to the latest versions released in May 2020.
* If the game fails to connect with local Steam Client, then users must update their version of Steam Client by selecting Steam > Check for Steam Client Updates