SAMRIDDHA SAHA (Gl1tch_mast3r)
Counter-Strike: Global Offensive has released a new update to the game, adding new kill feed icons, a 1v1 arena for Inferno and plenty more changes on top. The latest CS:GO update introduces a lot of cosmetic and environmental innovations as well as a bulk of Chlorine fixes. The changes, while not looking like much at first glance, could affect gameplay quite a bit. Here’s what we mean.
More information in the kill feed
The very first patch note is also the one that deserves the most attention. New icons for a blind kill, a kill through smoke and a no scope kill have been introduced to the in-game kill feed. Now that might sound like a lot of fun and a cool feature, and I can confirm – it is, but it also implies a huge information advantage for the opposing team. With the added info the killer’s opponents will now immediately know whether he’s flashed or hiding in a smoke, which is obviously a big deal. Confirming the enemy is either blind or at a relatively exact location is an immediate attack signal. This could be a double-edged sword as you never know how badly the player has been flashed or where exactly he is in the smoke, so while it may seem like these new icons could break the game a bit, there is room for balance somewhere in there. There are many more visual and technical tweaks Valve made. Among them is bringing Nuke back as the menu background which brings any hopes of the map getting kicked from the Active Duty pool down a significant amount. Not that I’m among those wanting that to happen or anything. The other asset to undergo a myriad of changes is the map Chlorine. Valve really dedicated themselves here, so if you wish to check out all that happened to Chlorine and the game as a whole, you can see the full CS:GO patch notes.
Release Notes for 5/4/2020
– Added kill feed icons for blind shooter, kills through smoke, and no scope sniper kills; all kill feed icons feature the bullet on the same line.
– When spawn immunity time is set to a negative value then spawning players will not have immunity even during warmup period.
– Fully disabled player immunity in 1v1 Wingman warmup period arenas, and added logic to clear blood decals for each encounter.
– sv_pure servers will now kick clients that have loaded asset files into game memory from files not present on game server filesystem.
– Fixed showing observed player crosshair in the editor menu.
– Fixed strings on crosshair import dialog being truncated in some languages.
– Fixed crosshair codes storing incorrect values for values out of range.
– Updated third person pose for G3SG1, and taught Terrorists a better way to hold AUG in the buy menu.
– To welcome the sunny weather outside, switched main menu movie scenery to Nuke.
– Added ability to purchase coupon items from Steam Store, e.g. https://store.steampowered.com/buyitem/730/20170 for “StatTrak™ Masterminds Music Kit Box”.
– In-game blog will now render in Greek if game interface is set to Greek language.
– Fixed prediction errors occurring sometimes when crouch-walking or in noclip mode as listen server host.
– Enabled animation blending for chickens.
– Updated several agent voice lines for Perfect World version of the game.
– Optimized textures for separatists player models.
– Several stability fixes.
– Tweaked ambient color light to make it bluer
– Made bombsite A plant zone bigger
– Fixed bombstuck spots on A bombsite pillars
– Removed bamboo fence near CT upper on A bombsite
– Added bamboo fence near T main on A upper, moving the gap closer to the tank
– Added bamboo fence near big rock on A upper to cut direct line of sight from CT upper to T main entrance
– Added light source on lazy river tunnel near CT spawn
– Added bamboo fence on the back of CT main entrance to A bombsite for better visibility
– Tweaked textures in lazy river tunnel and connector to make them more vibrant
– Added light source on B upper
– Tweaked lazy river texture to make it brighter
– Added cover for T’s on middle
– Removed a head peek angle from CT mid to A bombsite
– Fixed pixel boost on B bombsite
– Made main lights on B bombsite brighter
– Fixed see through stairs near CT spawn
– Fixed wooden door on B being bangable
– Added bamboo fence near tank on B bombsite
– Removed water from lazy river at CT spawn
– Tweaked sky box to be less purple
– Added bambo fences in high traffic areas for better player model contrast
– Removed foliage models in some places
– Updated radar image
– Added 1v1 warmup arena for Wingman mode